Who will manage the content on my online memorial?
Your nominated Curator.
What is a Curator? (Guardian in Latin)
Each Remembered Forever online memorial is managed by a nominated Curator, usually a close family member, who will have responsibility for the memorial content, and controls what visitors can view and who may contribute to the site.
Can anyone be a Curator?
Any person aged 18 years and above can become a nominated curator.
Is Remembered Forever a religious website?
No, at Remembered Forever we embrace and respect all faiths and beliefs.
Who is Remembered Forever for?
Remembered Forever is for everyone from all walks of life who would like to celebrate the memory of their lost family and friends.
What measures do you take to protect my privacy?
How Do I Join Remembered Forever?
If you have recently arranged a funeral with Midcounties Co-operative funeralcare or East of England Co-op Funeral Service, we would have automatically created the online memorial for your loved one.
A verification email should have been sent to you to confirm your new account details. Simply follow the instructions in the email to fully activate your memorial.
What do I do if I forget my password?
In the 'Login' box please click 'I forgot my password', then enter your email address and click 'Reset password'. You will be sent an email with instructions to reset your password.
How do I update my details or change my Curator account?
To edit your personal information, password or email, click on 'Profile Setting' under your username, then enter the changes you wish to make and click 'update'.
My photo/video/audio file will not upload, what do I do?
Make sure the files you want to upload are in the formats Remembered Forever accepts. Files should be in gif, jpeg, bmp or png formats, and no larger than 4MB (for photo). If the upload still fails, it's very likely the files are corrupted. Have them checked and fixed, and then try uploading again.
How do I invite a friend to join Remembered Forever?
When you are signed in to your Curator account, click on 'MyMemorial'. Select 'Memorial' in the left menu and at the bottom you can enter email addresses of people you would like to invite.
How do I report inappropriate content such as spam/advertising; offensive content or copyright infringement?
- What is Remembered Forever's relationship with Just Giving?
- Remembered Forever and Just Giving have an agreement to offer you secure online donations to a charity of your choice. We believe Remembered Forever and Just Giving have similar beliefs and are websites which serve the community, creating a mutually advantageous partnership.
- How do I set up a charity donation?
- When creating the memorial you will be prompted to enter the name of the charity you would like to support. We will then activate the donations along with the online memorial, and you'll receive a confirmation email once it's all ready.
- If you'd like to add charity donations to an existing online memorial, just use the 'Donate in memory of' link. You'll find it on the left side of the memorial, under the heading 'actions'.
- Remembered Forever can only activate charity donations requested by the Curator.
- How do I make a donation?
- Simply click on the charity logo on the right side of the online memorial, or use the 'Donate in memory of' link. You'll find it on the left side of the memorial, under the heading 'actions'.
- Is making a payment for a donation secure?
- Yes. Payments are handled by www.justgiving.com, the Just Giving website which uses Secured Socket Layer based transactions (SSL). This means that your debit/credit card details are protected from being viewed by unintended third parties so you can be confident that your details are secure.
- Which charities can I make a donation to?
- When requesting a charity, you can search the Just Giving database , or simply type in a charity name if we don't have it listed. One of the benefits of our partnership with JustGiving is that you can donate to any charity or community group (subject to approval). Just tell us who you'd like the donations to go to and we'll take care of the rest.
- Will the details of my donation be public?
- You can choose to show your name or an alias or you can donate anonymously. The details of how much you donate will only be visible to the memorial's Curator.
- I wrote a message when I made a donation, where can I see it?
- Go to the online memorial, and select 'Messages' your message will be shown amongst other condolence and sympathy messages with a donation illustration.